The 12th International Conference on Stopping and Manipulation of Ions
and related topics (SMI-2016)
SMI-2016 conference will be organized by the Institute of Modern Physics, Chinese Academy
of Sciences at Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu province in China.
The dates for the conference will be from Wednesday, June 8, 2016 until Friday,
June 10, 2016.
SMI-2016 is the 12th in the series that started in Konnevesi, Finland, in 1986. Since then, the meetings have been
organized in the following places:
- Pelussin, France (1988)
- Belgium (1990)
- Rydzyna, Poland (1992)
- Japan (1995)
- Dubna, Russia (1997)
- Mainz, Germany (1999)
- Chicago, USA (2001)
- Groningen, The Netherlands (SMI-06, 2006)
- Stanford (Palo Alto), California, USA (SMI-10, 2010).
- Jyväskylä, Finland (SMI-13, 2013)
The scope of the conference
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of the development of the techniques related to the stopping of energetic ions in noble gases
and the use of noble gases to manipulate ions and atoms. Since these works have mostly taken place in connection with research of
exotic nuclei, reporting of related nuclear physics studies has been an important aspect of the conference.
- High intensity gas/solid catcher/stopper
- Cryogenic gas and liquid catchers
- Charge breeding and cooling of highly charged ions
- Beam purification techniques
- RFQ cooler/bunchers, electric field guidance
- Multi-reflection time-of-flight mass analyzer
- Ion extraction and identification in low background experiments
- Collinear laser spectroscopy
- New results from high precision mass measurements
- Present and future facilities
Large poster (8MB)